COVID-19 Pandemic Plan
J-Mann Electric Ltd. is committed to providing a safe workplace to all our employees. We will take all measures required to ensure minimal worker exposure to contagions such as Covid-19. The following procedures outlined in this Pandemic plan will not only protect our workers, but also the individuals at the facilities we work at.
Health Hazards of COVID-19
COVID-19 has been declared a global pandemic. COVID-19 is a virus that attacks the respiratory systems and can lead to hospitalization and death. The effects of COVID-19 are much more severe than the seasonal flu as most people do not have any immunity to the virus. Many people who are infected with COVID-19 may have little to no symptoms. Symptoms may take up to 14 days to appear after exposure.
Symptoms may include:
-Pneumonia in both lungs
*Anyone experiencing any of these symptoms must self-isolate for a minimum of 14 days before returning to work.
Workers with symptoms
If workers are ill and suspect they may have COVID-19, they must stay home. If they develop symptoms while at work, they will be asked to leave the workplace. Workers should only return to work after a minimum of 14 days, or after they have recovered. Workers must inform their manager or supervisor if they are displaying any relevant symptoms of COVID-19.
Workers who suspect they may have COVID-19 should use the BC Self-Assessment Tool:
Objectives of Pandemic Plan
• All personnel working for J-Mann Electric Ltd. must follow the procedures outlined in this plan to prevent and reduce exposure to COVID-19
• Provide a safe and healthy work environment, to carry on business during a pandemic outbreak, as reasonably practicable
• Ensure that all parties are aware of their responsibilities
• Minimize risks associated with a pandemic to our employees and customers
• Support employees during a pandemic
• Continue services and functions that have been deemed essential
J-Mann Electric Ltd. Responsibilities
• Ensure that workers can maintain physical distancing of 6 feet apart while performing work
• Ensure that materials: gloves, face masks, hand sanitizers, and washing facilities are always readily available to workers
• Select, implement, and document the appropriate site-specific control measures
• Ensure that supervisors/workers are educated, trained in acceptable level of competency
• Maintain records of training and inspections
• Ensure that a copy of the COVID-19 Pandemic Plan is available to all workers and posted in the office
• Ensure that workers are instructed on the controls for hazards at the location
• Ensure workers use Personal Protection Equipment (PPE): gloves, face masks, and know proper sanitation procedures
• Ensure that physical distancing of 6 feet apart is being maintained
• Direct work in a manner that eliminates or minimizes risk to themselves & other workers
• Maintain physical distancing of 6 feet apart
• Follow established safe work procedures as directed by J-Mann Electric Ltd. or supervisor
• Use any PPE as instructed
• Report any unsafe work conditions or acts to their supervisor
• Know how and when to report exposure incidents
All employees working at J-Mann Electric Ltd. are subject to the requirements of these procedures.
Violations place customers, employees and their families at risk and are unacceptable, and will be subject to appropriate corrective action.
Wash your hands with soap and warm water, if water in unavailable, use a waterless hand cleaner containing at least 70% alcohol, after the following:
• After you have had contact with another individual
• After having contact with contaminated objects/materials
• After going to the bathroom
• Before preparing or eating food
• After removing disposable gloves
• Practice proper cough etiquette. Cover your mouth/nose with a tissue or your sleeve when coughing or sneezing. Use tissues to contain respiratory secretions and dispose of them properly
Physical Distancing Strategies
Physical distancing helps avoid becoming infected with COVID-19. During a pandemic, your goal is to avoid contact with others as much as possible.
Stay at least 6 feet apart from other people
Do not shake hands or touch others
Avoid face-to-face meetings
Delay or cancel non-essential travel
Stay home if possible or if you are ill
Cleaning and Disinfecting
Employees must take the extra time to clean and regularly disinfect the following items:
Company vehicle before and after use - truck handles, steering wheels, dashboard Door handles
High touch areas
Personal Protective Equipment
Tools, before and after use
Workers will report any symptoms of COVID-19 to their supervisor and stay from work for a minimum of 14 days before returning to work as per provincial and federal government regulations.
The following work protocols must be followed by every employee at J-Mann Electric Ltd.
• Before leaving home/office, all employees will assess the need for PPE to protect themselves and others
• Employees will wear PPE: gloves, face masks, eye protection or face shields as required
• Any employees going to site will be COVID-19 symptom free and must not be currently self-isolating or under quarantine
• Physical distancing of 6 feet apart must be practiced, or as reasonably able to do so
• When using vehicles to travel to/from work site(s), workers will travel alone if possible, or always wear a mask when traveling with others
• Workers are expected to wash or sanitize hands following the proper hand washing guidelines regularly while on site
• Any shared equipment must be cleaned and sanitized before and after use
• Workers may reasonably refuse to interact with equipment unless the necessary steps are taken to ensure sanitization of the equipment and/or work surfaces
• Any PPE used must be worn, removed, and disposed of properly to prevent further contamination
Working in Private Residences
• Client screening questionnaire must be completed before worker enters a residence.
• Worker is required to advise client of the “Physical Distancing Requirements”. They must maintain a 2-meter distance.
• Worker must use the appropriate PPE (gloves, mask, etc.)
• Clean and disinfect any work surface prior to performing work.
• Upon exiting the property, disinfect any tools, disinfect vehicle, dispose of PPE, and wash hands.
Any questions or concerns please contact
J-Mann Electric Ltd.
Email: [email protected]